The time will come
when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other’s welcome,
and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
- Why Are Men Leaving The American Workforce?
- Why Are There So Many Women in Public Relations?
- Sugar-sweetened beverage intake in relation to semen quality and reproductive hormone levels in young men
- Relevance of gender roles in life satisfaction in adult people
- Women More Likely to Be Lied to in Negotiations Than Men